Hi there. I’m Conlan. I’m a coach, an athlete, and an entrepreneur.
I believe the best way to change the world is to start with yourself and work your way out from there, and I use fitness & self-defence to help people build the physical autonomy that will change their lives.
I offer individual and small group coaching, run seminars and provide consulting services, and write about community safety and personal development on my blog.
My formal qualifications include:
– 10+ years employed in fitness and self-defence coaching
– CSAC-Certified Speed & Agility Coaching Certificate
– B.A.S, Quest University Canada, Indigenous-Settler studies
– Advanced Security & Use of Force training, Justice Institute of B.C.
– Crisis Intervention & De-escalation, Vancouver Police Department
– Advanced Security in the Field, U.N. Dept. Safety & Security
– Licensure to carry & deploy restraints (handcuffs)
My continuing education includes the following courses:
– Active Shooter/Armed Intruder Defence
– Infectious Disease & Pandemic Preparedness
– Risk-Effective Decision Making
– Critical Incident Stress Management
– Weapons Offences & Threat Cues
– Advanced First Aid/CPR/AED
– Note Taking & Report Writing
– Handcuffing & subject control tactics
– VIP protection & escort
– Patrolling & safe searching