Hi there. I’m Conlan. I’m a coach, an athlete, and an entrepreneur.
I offer seminars & workshops, coaching at my school in Chinatown, and I write about self-defence, reconciliation, and more on my blog.
I believe the best way to change the world is to start with yourself and work your way out from there, and I use fitness & self-defence to help people build the physical autonomy that will change their lives.
I am also available for private security work, including personal protection, private training & lecture, security audits, and more.
My formal qualifications include:
– 10+ years employed in fitness and self-defence coaching
– CSAC-Certified Speed & Agility Coaching Certificate
– B.A.S, Quest University Canada, Indigenous-Settler studies
– Advanced Security & Use of Force training, Justice Institute of B.C.
– Crisis Intervention & De-escalation, Vancouver Police Department
– Advanced Security in the Field, U.N. Dept. Safety & Security
– Licensure to carry & deploy restraints (handcuffs)
My continuing education includes the following coursework:
– Active Shooter/Armed Intruder Defensive Tactics
– Infectious Disease & Pandemic Preparedness
– Risk-Effective Decision Making
– Critical Incident Stress Management
– Weapons Offences & Threat Cues
– Advanced First Aid/CPR/AED
– Note Taking & Report Writing
– Handcuffing & subject control tactics
– VIP protection & escort
– Patrolling & safe searching
The primary places are share my work are on my blog and on Instagram.
To stay up to date with my work, latest seminars, and news about our school, enter your email address below and click “Get Updates!”.